SureTorque’s line of bench-top torque testers date back to 1984. The design of this family of machines has changed over the years for various reasons including; improved technology available in the marketplace, obsolescence of parts, changes in testing protocols, changes in cap/closure designs and a general increased awareness of cap torque related issues from producers. Many of our older models can no longer be supported and therefore we have launched a comprehensive upgrade program for customers that can not justify the full price of our current systems.
Upgrade options are available for many of our now obsolete models. By reusing and reconditioning parts from an existing assembly we can convert many old models into our current ST-120. You will save several thousand dollars off of the current ST-120 price and have the added benefit of enjoying the many new features of our current technology.
The following now obsolete testers are eligible for this upgrade program;
- ST-94: Controller is no longer manufactured and replacement parts are no longer available, no warranty available on repairs. See downloads for original owner’s manual
- BT-94: Controller is no longer manufactured and replacement parts are no longer available, no warranty available on repairs. See downloads for original owner’s manual
- ST100; Controller replacement parts are no longer available, no warranty available on repairs. See downloads for original owner’s manual.
Why should you upgrade to the current ST-120 platform? Following are just a few of the improvements we’ve made in the recent years;
1. Setup Markers: On the new ST-120/S machines the setup markers are machined into the framework vs. adhesive markers on older models. This assures setup markers are identical from machine to machine and that results are consistent.
2. Improved Table Vertical Adjustment: On the new ST-120/S machines the table mount is slotted so that vertical adjustments on a setup can be performed with ease and in less time. The knobs no longer have to be removed for major height adjustments.
3. Self-Centering Clamp Assembly: The bottle clamps shut to the center and eliminates the need for the lateral clamp adjustment in older models. We offer adapters that can incorporate old tool designs with the self centering clamps (SCC) feature. Note: SCC requires center loading of the container to prevent tipping of tall products and/or a base adapter for ease of operator loading. Review of product sizes and clamp locations are recommended. SCC is not available on machines fitted with a top-load, load cell.
4. SureCheck: A calibration verification device intended for quick daily checks. Factory calibrated within 2-20 in-lbf range and fitted with a quick release pin adapter. Please follow this link (SureCheck) for more information on this great tool.
5. Color Touch Screen with Recipe Based Program: The color touch screen is standard on the ST-120S and ST-S3 servo based models. It includes a recipe based setup with a product naming feature, on-screen graph, SureCheck mode and is overall more operator friendly. Batch data feature including min, max, average and standard deviation are standard similar to servo control systems.
6. Servo Driven Torque Head: We offer a servo driven chuck to provides torque, position and speed control for flexibility in testing profiles. The servo chuck which is standard on the ST-S3 and optional on the ST-120 provides infinite rotation versus rewind required with pneumatic driven heads. Another benefit of the servo drive are faster cycle times versus a pneumatic drive.
7. Equipment Validation Protocol: We now offer a documentation package intended to validate the installation, setup and operation of a SureTorque tester.
8. Top-load: You can now add the option of monitoring top-load force on the ST-120/S and ST-S3 machines with a force transducer input. This added feature provides a reference to topload force and provides testers the ability to correlate top-load affects on cap torque.
9. Tooling Variety: The SureTorque tooling offering has expanded. Our primary tooling is our standard molded clamps for 360 degree capture of cap and container. Examples of unique tooling capabilities include Pump/Spray head tools, Serrated chucks with spring load and a 4-post universal, manual clamp style typically available on non-automated units.
For more information, please contact our main office at (941) 753-1095 or email us to email@example.com.