|The low cost ST-LAB makes it ideally suited for torque testing in laboratory and pharmaceutical production environments. Several options are available, including rotary encoder and custom designed software to meet the needs of your application.
• Real time, automatic display
• NIST traceable calibration procedure
• Strain gauge transducer technology
• Automatic container clamping and closure gripping
• Adjustable torque application rate
• 180 degree chuck rotation
• Counter balance system for height adjustment
• Heavy duty components
• Applied Torque: The ST-LAB can be used as a bench top capper, tightening the cap to a customer defined set point.
• Release Torque: The ST-LAB is designed to accurately measure the release (thread break) torque of a cap.
• Peak/Transient Torque: The standard ST-LAB can measure and display the Applied or Release Peak in a torque testing cycle, however with optional hardware upgrades it is also possible to measure certain torque transients such as the engagement torque of a CR closure system or the peak of the bridge break torque of a Tamper Evident Band.
• Container/Closure Fatigue: By allowing the ST-LAB to apply and release the cap a number of times, it is possible to evaluate the effect of fatigue on the torque retention and seal quality of the closure and seal.
• Release and Re-apply Torque: When packaging expensive products it is often required to return the tested container to the packaging line. By automatically re-applying the torque to the operator defined setpoint it is possible to save the product.
• Topload Force (optional): This feature allows the monitoring and control of topload force. When testing child resistent caps or other closures requiring topload adjustment this feature allows the evaluation of topload force in the function of rotation and torque.
• Highly accurate
• Eliminates manual variances
• Fast and easy changeovers
• Ideal for industrial environments
• Decreases risk of ergonomic injury
• Test and record data in U.S. (lb-in) or S.I. (Nm)
Watch the movie on the right side to learn more about the setup and operation of the machine.
• Capacity: 0-88 lb-in (0-10Nm), both CW and CCW
• Accuracy: 0.5%FS
• Repeatability: +/-0.2 lb-in for one set up
• Calibration: Dead weight, NIST certifiable NIST
• Resolution: 0.1 unit (optionally 0.01 or 1)
• Maximum overload: 150%
• Rotation: 180 degrees (optionally 360 degrees)
• Torque tests: tightening, removal (CR, CT, etc.)
• Torque units: dNm, Nm, kg-cm, kg-m, oz-in, lb-in
• Torque transducer: 350 ohm, strain gauge
• Control: Unitronics Vision 120 OPLC
• Analog signal acquisition: 14 bit, 100ms or 16bit, 12.5ms
• Average response time: 12ms
• HMI display:128 x 64 monochrome graphical LCD
• HMI input:Sealed membrane keypad with 16 keys
• Communication protocol:RS-232 or RS-485
• Real-time clock:7 year typical battery backup
• Air:60-80 PSI, 4cfm
• Power:120VAC, 1A
• Temperature:41-104°F (5-40°C)
• Relative humidity:20-80%
• Dimensions:12″x 16″x 31″
• Weight:approximately 60 lbs.
• Material, coating:Clear anodized aluminum
(subject to change without notice)
• NEMA 4X electrical enclosures
• Explosion proof electrical enclosures
• Light curtain or interlocked guarding
• Alarms (audio and/or visual)
• Inlet air filter assembly
• 10” platform extension to accommodate large containers
• Infinite rotation (SERVO)
• Encoder to measure angular degree of rotation
• Special container and closure fixtures
• Additional sets of change parts (collets and clamps)
• Toploadforce testing capability
• Custom-designed software and hardware
• Base adapter for small containers
• Various start button configurations (optical or push-button)
• Password protection (4 levels)
• Programmable decaytime
• Customizable data communication
• Data acquisition
• Emergency stop button
• Training and service